Nitec Solutions Ltd is one of Northern Ireland’s leading IT companies and a Microsoft Gold Partner, recently winning the Microsoft Ireland Partner of the Year 2019 Award for Modern Workplace Teamwork. We are an Investors in People–accredited company that values people above profitability, an ethos shared and demonstrated by a team of IT enthusiasts who never hesitate to do the right things for our customers.
Our highly skilled and knowledgeable Software Development team has over 50 years’ combined experience, and our reputation for innovation and customer service, combined with a passion for always doing the right thing for our customers, demands a particular kind of staff member with a commitment to customer service, technical excellence and personal achievement.
In return we believe you will find Nitec to be not only a superb place to develop technically and professionally, but also a relaxed and friendly place, committed to our staffs’ wellbeing as well as promoting a positive, responsible impact on our community and on society as a whole.
As part of our ongoing organisational development, we are now recruiting for a UX/UI Designer to join our skilled team of developers to help us with user interface and user experience. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and building the front–end UI across a range of both external and internal web products, to deliver a simple, intuitive and overall outstanding user experience.
You will work as part of the wider Software Development team on strategy, ideas and design execution, but will also work collaboratively with the marketing team on all branding and website requirements.
If you have experience with design software and wireframe tools and a portfolio of professional design projects that showcases your work, then we’d like to meet you.
– Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
– Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps for internal work
– Design and optimise graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, widgets and forms
– Build page navigation buttons and search fields
– Develop UI mockups and prototypes illustrating site format and functionality
– Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
– Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
– Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
– Adhere to company brand guidelines and style standards on fonts, colours and images
– Advise project stakeholders on recommended component and style libraries
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or other relevant experience
– Portfolio of design projects
– Knowledge of wireframe tools and design software
– Team spirit; strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
– Good time–management skills, with the ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks and projects
– Detail oriented and customer–centred problem solver and critical thinker
– Self–motivated, passionate, and hard working with the ability to perform at a fast pace with minimal supervision.
Great company culture – Friday treats, free tea/coffee and fruit, regular team and company meetings and flexible working.
Development opportunities – we are proud to hold an Investors in People accreditation and we endeavour, through training and upskilling, to commit ourselves to someone who will commit to us.
Holidays – 33 days’ leave, including 10 statutory holidays.
We cover your tech – a company laptop and smartnumber are provided and we also contribute to the cost of your home broadband.
Everything else – private health scheme, company pension, free on–site car parking and travel expenses.